- This event has passed.
The Startup Workshop
September 4 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm BST
What you can expect from this workshop:
Claire will kick the workshop off by setting the scene and telling a little bit about her own start up journey, before she will share lots of advice and practical tips, to include:
- How to prepare yourself for the journey of having a small business - the practicalities
- The importance of planning & organisation as you start and grow your business
- Sales & marketing – specifically looking at pricing as part of your brand/marketing
- Intro to finance:
- Registering with HMRC
- Record keeping
- Software and MTD – a little about Xero
- Legal structure e.g. Sole trader vs Limited company
- Tax tips
- All attendees will get access to Claire’s book for start-ups as an ebook version.
About the speaker:
Claire Stewart is a Chartered Accountant, Business Mentor and founding partner of Cartmill Stewart & Co Chartered Accountants. She is also a Business Mentor with Women in business and was delighted to be named winner of the Customer Service Award at the recent Women in Business Awards. Just last month she was awarded NI Young Leader of the Year 2019 and she was named on the NI 40 under 40 list in 2018 by Business First. Claire is Author of a book aimed at business start-ups and she is passionate about helping business start ups to get things right from the start.
Claire is very active on social media where you can follow along on Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram where she produces valuable content and engages with like-minded entrepreneurs to discuss everything from work life balance with young children, mid-life career changes with a little encouragement thrown in along the way.. Claire’s motto is ‘to encourage, inspire and build up, ‘cos running your own business can be tough’.