- This event has passed.
Getting Started With Enterprise Architecture 3 Days Training in Belfast
September 16 @ 9:00 am - September 18 @ 5:00 pm BST
This practical Course shows the delegates what is needed to establish a functioning and integrated Enterprise Architecture Practice using TOGAF. The Course provides the delegates with many opportunities to undertake the activities required, to define, identify and measure the outputs they create.
This is a three-day Course with extensive delegate interaction and exercises designed to provide takeaways that will provide the basis of setting up a function EA Practice.
The Course will integrate the activities through the use of an industry Best-Practice Open Group accredited tool to support the in-class activities.
● Overview of the TOGAF V9.1 framework (specifically the Preliminary Phase) – Linking business and architecture
● The Enterprise Architecture Practice (EAP) – How to use the TOGAF framework to assist in the EAP Practice setup
● EAP – Implementation vs Integration Approach – Setup vs. integration as a Process for establishing the EA Practice (SDLC, project/programme Management, operations Management)
● EA Practice – Demand and Supply – Understand the EA Practice Requirements in terms of demand (who and why), supply (what and where) and execution (how and when)
● EA Practice – Interaction of Strategy, Architecture and Delivery – Understand the interaction of strategy (motivation), architecture (composition) and delivery (realisation)
● EA Practice – Operating and Engagement Models – Understand engagements models (with stakeholders, projects/programmes, and organisational units)
● Capability Assesment – Assessing the EA Practice capability (for objective setting and sustaining the activities)
● Governance – Answering the questions
● What standards, Principles, services, capabilities and tools do we need?
● Services, Capabilities and Tools
● Communications Strategy and Execution
● EA Charter
● EA Handbook creation including
● EA Practice operating model
● EA content creation overview and Management
● EA governance Processes
● EA Practice metrics and benefits Management
● EA communications plan
● Individuals certified at this level will have demonstrated their understanding of:
● Recognise and remember TOGAF v9.1
● Understand the Preliminary Phase
● Recognise the need for an Enterprise Architecture Practice (EAP)
● Overview of TOGAF 9 – linking business and architecture
● The Enterprise Architecture Practice
● EA Practice – implement vs. integration approach
● EA Practice – demand and supply
● EA Practice – interaction of strategy, architecture and delivery
● EA Practice – operating and engagement models
● EA Practice – capability Assesment
● Governance – standards and Principles
● Services, capabilities and tools
● Communications strategy and execution
● EA Charter
Who Can Attend?
● Newly-appointed EA Managers
● Chief architects (experienced EA practitioners)
● Lead architects
● Project and programme managers.