- This event has passed.
GDPR Practitioner Course – BELFAST, 5 days over 5 weeks
September 3 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm BST
Data Protection (GDPR) Practitioner Certificate – 5 days SPREAD over 5 weeks
The Data Protection GDPR Practitioner Certificate is the qualification for people already undertaking the role of Data Protection Officer or likely to fulfil the role under the new General Data Protection Regulation who wish to demonstrate formal learning, in support of their practical knowledge. It will be suitable for the public, private and third sectors and will teach delegates essential GDPR skills and in-depth knowledge.
- Understand the importance of data protection legislation and compliance in the EU
- Interpret key terminology of the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) in a practical context
- Understand the key obligations of the GDPR and DPA
- Create policies and procedures necessary for data protection compliance and accountability
- Carry out a data protection audit and gap analysis
- Develop an action plan to address a data protection gap analysis
- Respond appropriately to data protection issues arising in an organisation
Carry out the duties of a data protection officer
The course will take place over four and a half days with an exam in the afternoon of the 5th day. It will comprise of lectures, discussion and practical exercises. The exam will comprise of MCQ. The course content has been assessed as QCF Level Equivalent = 5 and endorsed by TQUK Ltd.
TQUK is regulated by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (OFQUAL).
Why this course is different
- Examines all aspects of GDPR in detail;
- Teaches essential DPO skills including: Data Protection Impact Assessments and Privacy Impact Assessments;
- Comprehensive learning materials designed to help delegates during the course and in their job;
Modern and practical assessment methods – delivered in a friendly and ‘un-stuffy’ way.
- 4 and a half days of interactive training with a GDPR / DPA ‘friendly’ specialist
- GDPR / DPA Handbook and Certificate*
- Hard copies of relevant legislation and guidance
- Lunch and refreshments
(* Certificate fee included within overall course fee structure, subject to successfully passing examination on the 5th day of the course)