- This event has passed.
Enterprise Architecture 101_ 4 Days Training in Belfast
September 9 @ 9:00 am - September 12 @ 5:00 pm BST
This is a practical Course for working in the EA industry. Using a realistic case-study the learners get to know the Enterprise Architecture Processes laid out in the TOGAF 9 or 9.1 from Vision to completed Technology Architecture. Because it is impossible to be sure that disparate groups have common knowledge of any architecture tool, the workshop depends on manual skills, supported by BYOD technology. Thus the Course is focussed primarily on the Organization and Processes of two interactive EA projects and Learning what the correct descriptive artifacts might be in different circumstances.
The action of the learners is facilitated by a suitably experienced instructor who guides and pushes the progress – and acts as mentoris in loco for assumptions. The end result is a thorough appreciation of all the aspects of the TOGAF EA Process by all the specialists so that each can appreciate the necessary value-add from the other sub-disciplines to create a holistic outcome.
The advantages of, for example, astute stakeholder Management are explored amongst other techniques and guidelines. Much of the knowledge gained is implied by the actuality of conducting the exercise.
The Course does NOT consider TOGAF Phases E, F, G, H beyond discussing whether or not the Architectural Product is viable a basis for development and how to remedy if it is not.
● Preliminary Phase
● Vision Phase
● Business Architecture
● IS Architecture
● Technology Architecture
● Phase E, F, G
● Integration with 3rd Parties
● Practical Enterprise Architecture
● TOGAF as a practical methodology
● aspects of tooling and required knowledge
● The Architecture stage of the Project cycle
● ways and means of engendering sufficient architecture
● the intrinsic Risk profile of EA
● Business Architecture 1
● Business Architecture 2
● IS Architecture 1
● IS Architecture 2
● Technology Architecture
● Phases E,F,G
● Wrap up
Who Can Attend?
● Professionals setting out on a career in EA
● Practical EAs who are moving their game up a notch
● MBA graduates et alia who are seeking to methodologic aspects of business Process
● Recent TOGAF trainees who seek to put TOGAF into use in their company
● Sales support staff of integrators and outsourcers
● Line Management of companies seeking to outsource (sub-)Processes
● Line Management of companies seeking to re-inhouse previous errors
● IT and IS practitioners who wish to better support their businesses
● Exec and Line managers about to embark on substantive business/Process change/upgrade
● Business Process engineers who seek to broaden their appreciation of Process change
● Operational staff who need to appreciate the shape of the Process structures